Yes you have read it right. Rock have been sold to Cydia Founder Saurik ( Jay Freeman).
Over the past months, discussions have taken place between Jay Freeman (Cydia founder) and Mario Ciabarra (owner of Rock).
The discussions have revealed that Rock will dwindle away while its content will be ported over to cydia.
Mario Ciabarra has commented saying:
It's been a fun ride. We set out to change the landscape and I think we were very successful. I think we contributed to attracting more business professionals to the iPhone jailbreak community, and added some great functionality to the platform. The current transaction with Cydia is a great opportunity for us. We're going to miss some of the excitement, but no reason for anyone to worry. I, personally, will be spending even more time in Intelliborn apps development (both existing and exciting new projects). A few months ago, Jay and I sat down together and we realized, I enjoyed making apps more (and was better at it), while Jay enjoys providing platform functionality. It was a win-win for both groups and we're excited about the transition.
This agreement means that Cydia has been put in the position of overall control of the Jailbroken app scene thus expanding Jay Freemans empire.
This may be also seen as a sad day for many jailbreak users, as Rock was a favorite among many users. Its simple layout and overall feel made many a jailbreaker a fan. I personally feel sadden by the loss of the Rock app.

No comments:
Post a Comment